Friday, September 22, 2006

John Calvert doing the Jeff Atkins Memorial Lecture.

If I was going to try to get a laugh after seeing this lecture I would say something like...

"I didn't realise that the lecture had to be as boring as Jeff Atkins's presentations of "Magic of the Masters."

John Calvert is a legend. He knows more about performing magic than I will ever know. He has done shows that I would kill to have been able to do. He is a star.

However, he is now 95 years old...

I was uncomfortable watching a legend doing a show that was frankly boring and which included hours and hours of dead time while spectators were got up on stage...some effects took minutes to arrange and seconds to perform.

I wish John Calvert had let me live with the memory of his greatness...not this.

He got a standing ovation at the end (from the people still there).

1 Comments:

Blogger S.N. Calvert said...

I am sorry that you didn't like Uncle John's show. We know he is getting older but he is still pretty amazing for 95. I hope I am able to do as much as he does at his age.

4:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home