Monday, August 07, 2006

General Post Convention Feelings of FISM, Stockholm 2006

As I wait to board the plane back to London I use modern technology to post these comments.
People who know me will appreciate what a thrill it is to be able to do this.
I love gadgets!

I liked the convention overall and I thank all those people who worked so hard for so long so I could enjoy the Stockholm FISM. If I knew exactly what the convention would be like I still would have come. I must say that at the start otherwise what follows will seem like one long moan.

I spent over nine hours just getting to and from my hotel (The Grand.) For me, who does not usually use public transport, this was a huge waste of time.

I would have liked the opportunity to see all the events. Here you simply couldn't do that. It seems to me that this is the basic requirement of a convention.

I don't care what the so called reasons are...having bloody television people waltzing into a FISM convention and taking over both back stage and front of curtain is OUT OF ORDER. Show me where it said on the adverts that this was to be the case...did it say anywhere that, because a handful of people had decided to "raise the profile of FISM world wide our entertainment " (for which we had paid.) our enjoyment would be compromised. We might have some brilliant mentalists around but how do the TV people KNOW seventy million people will watch the resulting programme (no doubt starting with a load of brightly coloured rabbits, top hats, cards and wands motifs.)

I would have liked the "Banquet Party Night" to have gone on a little later than 11pm. Ok I do get tired sooner these days but even I could have managed a bit more partying...

We plan to fill in many of the "gaps" in this FISM rambling later but please bear in mind I have a huge Genii article to finish as well as the proof reading and tweaking of Topper's book as well as the Bizarre Bath show to do...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi guys

It was great to see you all at FISM. Look forward to seeing you at Eastbourne.

Best wishes

Peter
:)

3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home