Saturday, November 24, 2007

Nothing Unexpected From Guy Hollingworth

Friend of Opus, the learned one, Guy Hollingworth opened the 36th International Magic Weekend with his unique, one man show "Expert at the Card Table."

No surprises for me in this performance.

Over the years I have seen Guy perform many times so I expected him to be calmly and assuredly brilliant and he was. More than that there were moments of comedy, dramatic tension and release which not only drew you into the tale he told but also demonstrated just how much work he had put into the production of this play.

Using the enthralling tale of SW Erdnase and ES Andrews Guy performed a series of routines and demonstrations of cheating techniques with a pack of cards. Any layperson (for whom this play is designed), and, I suspect a considerable percentage of magicians, will be completed stunned by the effects and techniques on display in this excellent production.

As they say "Extremely Highly Recommended."

I believe Guy will be performing this play at The Chocolate Factory. Details to follow...

1 Comments:

Blogger Alessandro said...

I agree,he is really smooth BUT,being 1/2 Italian I can find a hair also on a bald head!I found breaking several theatrical(and others)rules on turning more than once his back to the public.I know that at least once he was justified to do so but,I'm quite certain he can find other ways....
Alessandro(robinmago)Italy.

5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home