Sunday, August 19, 2007

MagicLive 2007 is about to start...

One of the items of style which separates MagicLive from other conventions is the idea that none of the performers or lecturers are announced before the start of the convention. While this might be the kiss of death to many a convention (who would book to go to an event when you don't know who or what is on at that event?) it hasn't hurt this one.



It has been sold out for months.



Indeed I feel it is a brilliant idea which not only gives the organisers a great amount of flexibility when it comes to booking the acts but also leads to a great game amongst the prospective conventioneers and the acts. The acts are made to promise not to say they are booked. So when, for example, John Fisher is asked "Are you presenting a lecture at the convention?" answers "I may be, I may not be..."



Of course if you, as we did, arrive a couple of days early then other magicians as they too arrive don't know if you are one of the performers or one of the registrants! Indeed when asked "are you performing here?" Noel tells me "I might be and then again I might not be..."!



So you tell me which of these guys and gals (seen above) are clients or acts...

Note (one isn't either...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home