Thursday, August 03, 2006

Reports, Motivation and Character.

Once again my breakfast photo fails to get onto this site...

This is a shame because this morning's picture would cause a bit of a stir in the magic world...the disappearing beans.

Yes...

Yesterday there were good quantities of tomato sauced beans and today...

Nothing...

Still I mustn't complain, unlike complaints against this rambling for not having enough about the acts.

I have a confession.

The moment I was forced, by circumstances beyond my control, to miss the opening day of competition, I lost a bit of motivation. Knowing that I couldn't do a complete report I have reverted to type and will only be able to record snippets.

So when I woke up this morning after four hours of sleep, instead of leaping up and heading for the convention for the early morning competition acts, I rolled over, took another hour's rest, had breakfast (sorry no picture) and then started this post. My revised plan is to wander over to the event...watch what is left of the contests and then come back to the hotel in the afternoon and sleep.

And I won't miss much because, after Tamariz's one man show which ends at three o'clock and the close up contest there is nothing else scheduled for me.

Unless I start queuing yesterday I doubt I'll get anywhere near the Tamariz show and that is the main complaint that I hear from many, many people.

You can't get into see events...there just aren't enough seats.

There are vast chunks of time with nothing on and when events are on you can't get in. Maybe planning repeat performances could have helped?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home